Are You Considering a Career in Medicine?
Most people who are thinking about becoming a physician chose to do so because they wanted to make a difference by helping people and positively impacting people’s lives. Since your career choice is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make, be sure to do your research. Although many students think they want to become physicians, most have little or no knowledge of what is involved in the practice of medicine, the overall cost of the education or the full timeline it takes to become a doctor. Take the time to explore what life as a physician might look like for you.
Medicine might be a good fit for you if you want to:
- Serve others in a very personal way
- Be a lifelong learner who is always acquiring new skills and learning new information.
- Be a part of a multi-disciplinary team. Physicians must be good communicators and be collaborative.
- Have career flexibility. There are many career options for physicians.
- Have job security. Physicians have a high-level of financial security and are in high demand