Home / Tag Archives: diversity

Tag Archives: diversity

Diversity In The Medical Field Isn’t Growing Fast Enough

Amid growing racial and ethnic diversity in the United States, the medical profession isn’t growing with it.  Between 1978 and 2008, 88 percent of graduates of U.S. medical schools were white or Asian. Blacks, American Indians and Hispanics together made up the remaining 12 percent. According to the Washington Post, On average, black men in America …

Read More »

Diversity In The Medical Field Is Important

Racial, socioeconomic, and international diversity aren’t just nice things to have within America’s Physician workforce. They can be a difference between life and death.  According to a study from researchers at the T.H. Chan School of Public Health, patients treated by foreign medical graduates had better 30-day survival rates than patients treated by …

Read More »

Rochester Regional Health

Rochester Regional Health is a physician-led integrated health services organization serving the people of western New York, the Finger Lakes and beyond. The organization provides care from 150 locations, including five hospitals; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent …

Read More »

Cheyenne Regional Medical Center

Cheyenne Regional offers a comprehensive line of healthcare services, including Cardiovascular, Cancer, Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Weight Loss, Women and Children’s Services, Trauma, Wound Management & Hyperbaric Medicine, Rehabilitation, Home Care, Hospice, Behavioral Health, Medical Imaging and Lab Services. The physicians, nurses and staff of Cheyenne Regional are passionate about their roles …

Read More »

University of Wisconsin Health

UW Health is comprised of the academic health care entities of the University of Wisconsin-Madison: UW Medical Foundation, UW Hospital and Clinics and UW School of Medicine and Public Health. UW Health is also home to American Family Children’s Hospital and UW Carbone Cancer Center. Our expert doctors are at the forefront of research, developing new treatments …

Read More »